Wednesday, March 25, 2020

5th Grade Home Lesson - Week 2

Hello FMS 5th Graders and Families,

As you know we are going to be out of school for longer than we thought. I will be posting lessons here once a week. I hope you are all making the best out of this strange situation and being safe.

It looks like we are going to have to put our ceramic sculpture ideas on the back burner. I sincerely hope you will have time to make a clay sculpture in the FMS Art Room one more time before you all graduate to BMS.

I am in the process of rethinking some of my lessons so I can better reach you at home.

This week I would like us to make some word art using bubble/block letters and lines. I would like us to first think of some adjectives, or describing words, that would describe how we want to be during this time when we are all dealing with this virus. Write one of them very lightly in the middle of a piece of paper with a pencil. (I did two different versions, so you could see some different ways to do the same project.


Once you have figured out the spelling, size and spacing of your letters, draw around them to create bubble or block letters.


Then follow these letters with a line that encloses the space around the word. Make this line follow the shape of the whole word. Then make another, and another..


Continue this process until you fill the page.


Add color or fill in some of the areas with pencil or lines!


As you can see, I did this project to, and you know what? I felt smarter and calmer when I was done!
Please share your work with FMS by posting it on our padlet! Thanks, Mr. McGinty

https://padlet.com/gmcginty1/3ejyv7bove4z




No comments:

Post a Comment