Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Artist of the Week 5 / 16 / 2019

The student I am choosing to recognize today is new to FMS this year. As I write this I realize what a great addition to our school community our new students have been. Many of these students have entered our system with great attitudes both in interacting with their classmates and teachers and trying their best in their academic work. 5th Grade students have been creating a Relief Sculpture out of Ceramic Clay. A relief sculpture is sculpted, but not in the round. It has a flat back elements that pop off of that background. The faces on a coin are relief sculptures in low relief. Many students have had great success with this project and I am very excited to see them all glazed. Today I am choosing to recognize a student for their tree with one piece of fruit hanging from it’s branches, EH in Ms. Hoskins’ 5th Grade Class, Student Artist of the Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment