Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Artist of the Week 10 / 10 / 2018



This was a particularly difficult week to choose an Artist of the Week. Students have been working hard to finish their designs for the Square 1 Fundraiser. I love seeing all the different ways students approach this project. I have seen everything from cartoon characters, to landscapes, to special messages to family members. I even saw a lighthouse that was inspired by the picture book One Morning In Maine! However, the student I am choosing to recognize is a 3rd Grader who did an extra special job on project that I asked students to do as they finished the Square 1 design. I demonstrated proper techniques for using Tempera water paint. I asked students to do a very specific assignment that focused on their fine motor skills and their ability to get the colors bright and vibrant and not to mix with each other or get muddy. Some students really liked doing this and even made two! One student created a really beautiful piece by first doing the assignment and then adding wavy lines on top. It came out awesome! Nice work D. M. in Mrs. Levesque’s 3rd Grade Class!

No comments:

Post a Comment