Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Artist of the Week 5 / 30 / 2018



Today I would like to recognize a 5th grade student who taught me a new technique and who’s behavior made me proud. After admiring some chalk drawings of Miss Rumphius’ beautiful lupine flowers that were made in Mrs. Armstrong’s class, 5th Grade student were invited to make their own flowers while mixing their own secondary colors, Green, Orange, and Purple. It was a quick and fun project. This student first got my attention not only for his work, but how I saw him comforting another student who was having a bad day. He was very kind and careful with her and helped her get started with her lesson. Then towards the end of the project he was experimenting by mixing up the colors of paint and appreciating how they swirled together. He’s not the first student I’ve seen do this, but he is the first I have seen transfer these swirls to his paper by simply using his finger tip. Check out the beautiful dots of swirling color on his painting! Nice Work Dustin P. in Ms. Roy’s 5th grade class!

No comments:

Post a Comment