Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Artist of the Week 1/31/18



 On occasion, when I feel like 2 students worked together, or were influenced by each other, I will recognize them both as Artist of the Week. Here we again look at two examples of work created by arranging Geometric Shapes (shapes that have rules) to create Abstract Portraits (an abstract work focusing on the face). Both of these 5th grade students have impressed me many times with the art works they create. One of these students makes most things school related look easy. He always does careful, quality work when working on assignments in the art room. The other student often impresses me with his sense of design and how he often uses abstract patterns and shapes to make a project his own. From the start of this assignment I used one of these two students’ work to show how he created a very interesting balance to his piece by arranging his shapes almost (but not quite) Symmetrically. The other student, upon taking time to really appreciate his classmate’s work, decided to start over and create an abstract portrait that displays true Symmetry. I has been a great pleasure to watch these two young men learn from each other in the art room and I have been waiting for the right moment to recognize them both as Artist of the Week.   Nice job A. S. and C. M. in Mrs. Wheeler’s 5th Grade Class!

No comments:

Post a Comment