Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Artist of the Week 6 / 6 / 2018



Today I would like to recognize a 5th grade student who has been impressing me with her quality artworks since I met her in 4th grade. She can be quiet but she is smart and funny when you get to know her. I want to recognize her for a paper mache sculpture that she just completed in Enrichment Art. The sculpture is interesting, as it is part cat and part unicorn, but what really impressed me is how this artist chose to paint her sculpture. Instead of painting details like eyes, a mouth, fur, etc. this artist decided to paint a sunset sky at the bottom transitioning up to the deep blue black of a star filled night sky at the top. Check out the cool silhouettes of palm trees at the base of her sculpture! Nice work Chloe T. in Mrs. Wheeler’s 5th grade class!

No comments:

Post a Comment